Surviving Thanksgiving: Part 1
Thanksgiving is days away and you are already have the recipes picked out. Put THEM DOWN! It is time to plan your meal the healthy way with a few of these tips.
*Avoid Ham and buy Turkey.
*Do not Deep Fry your Turkey (I know… we will get through this together).
*Do Not put the stuffing inside the Turkey; cook it outside of it.
* Brush skin with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
*Avoid Butter and Salt
*Avoid carb loaded sides (mashed potatoes)
- Use Cauliflower instead of Potatoes. Trust me it works and no one will know
* Instead of Green Bean Casserole with high calories toppings, Use almonds or cashews in the mix.
*Stuffing, Check Out this Recipe (you will LOVE it)
*Macaroni and Cheese – AVOID
*Biscuits- Do not use store bought, make with Whole Wheat and limit salt.
*Use blue agave nectar to substitute Sugar
* Do not BUY whipped cream. Its empty calories
These are just simple fast tips to remember when planning for Thanksgiving. Part 2 will cover what to do when you are at the table.
Healthy Homemade Apple Sauce
Prep Time: 7 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Skill Level: SUPER EASY
2 sets of different apples
1 cup of Apple Juice (no sugar added)
1. Go to a grocery store and pick up at least 6 apples of different kinds
2. Peel and de-core apples to wedges
3. In a microwave-able bowl, combine all ingredients. (Cinnamon usage up to you)
4. Put bowl in microwave for 10 minutes
5. Put apple mixture in a food processor or Blend it with a hand mixer or Mash it with a hand masher.
6. Enjoy your easy healthy Applesauce … YUM!